available for purchase
at this time.
We are currently accepting submissions for Season 22 for the following production positions:
- Stage Manager
- Lighting Designer
- Costume Designer
- Scenic Designer
- Sound Designer and/or Composer
- Props Designer/Master
- Master Electrician
- Sound Board Operator
- Dialect and/or Vocal Coach
- Fight Choreographer
- Technical Director
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Sarah Cohan, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Theatre has historically been a majority cis and white discipline. In keeping with Company One’s mission we are especially committed to providing paths of access for theatre practitioners of color, trans theatre-makers, and those from backgrounds not typically represented in the field.
Auditions for Downtown Crossing by David Valdes
Company One Theatre is holding online auditions for non-union actors for our digital production of Downtown Crossing by David Valdes. Downtown Crossing will be directed by Summer L. Williams, with dramaturgy by Ilana M. Brownstein and is a co-production with Northeastern University.
Rehearsals will begin digitally in mid/late September. We will rehearse approximately three evenings a week via Zoom, increasing in frequency in the last two weeks before the digital run. Performances will run the weekend of Oct 22-25, with a max of four performances on Zoom. We are able to pay a stipend of $750 per actor for this production.
Over a two year period, playwright David Valdes interviewed current and former undocumented immigrants, DACA recipients, immigrant rights advocates, community organizers, and family members of the undocumented from the Greater Boston area. The text of Downtown Crossing is drawn from first person interviews, proxy stories delivered through a second party, video journals, personal essays, and news accounts. The play imagines seven immigrants from different communities crossing paths on one day in Boston. The experiences of real life interviewees have been fictionalized to protect the identities of those vulnerable to immigration intervention.
If you’re interested in auditioning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a headshot/resume (if you have one), and the character you wish to be considered for (see breakdown below). We will send you an appropriate side and ask that you record and send us a video.
There is the potential for Zoom callbacks (to be scheduled based on the availability of the actors and the team). All auditions, rehearsals, and performances will take place online. In order to protect everyone’s safety, no work will be done in person. Company One is committed to casting actors of all ages, races, genders, and body types in our productions. Performers who share ethnicities with the characters are strongly encouraged to audition.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- – LUPE – she/her, around 50, from Guatemala, fluent in–and easily toggling between–both English and Spanish. Best friend of Jaci.
- – JACI (Jacinta) – she/her, late 30’s to mid-40’s, from El Salvador. Speaks little English despite more than a decade in the US.
- – SAROM – she/her, late 30s, Cambodian born in a Thai refugee camp, came to the US as a baby in the 80’s. English is her first language–if there’s an accent, it’s local.
- – BOLADE (Bo), he/him, 21, Nigerian born, raised entirely in the Bronx, English-only speaker. Adept code switcher.
- – ADILSON – he/him, early 40s, born in northeastern Brazil. His clear English is Portuguese-inflected.
- – DECLAN – he/him, 20, from rural Ireland. English speaker with the idioms of one who grew up in Ireland.
- – ELEANOR (Yingxia) – she/her, 60’s, born in China, a Mandarin speaker, with little English.
Company One often offers internships in many different areas of design, production, and management, often tailored to the individual applicant’s schedule and interests. If you’d like to apply for an internship with Company One, please email your resume, and cover letter including your specific area of interest, to Sarah Cohan, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be in touch should there be an internship available in your area.
If you have a strong interest in the mission of Company One Theatre, and would like to explore ways to become more deeply involved with our organization, please contact Board President Sasha Abby VanDerzee at email@example.com.