available for purchase
at this time.
We are currently accepting applications for the following staff positions:
We are currently accepting submissions for rolling consideration for the following production positions:
- Stage Manager
- Lighting Designer
- Costume Designer
- Scenic Designer
- Sound Designer and/or Composer
- Props Designer/Master
- Master Electrician
- Sound Board Operator
- Dialect and/or Vocal Coach
- Fight Choreographer
- Technical Director
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Sarah Cohan, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Theatre has historically been a majority cis and white discipline. In keeping with Company One’s mission we are especially committed to providing paths of access for theatre practitioners of color, trans theatre-makers, and those from backgrounds not typically represented in the field.
Auditions for can i touch it? at Company One Theatre
can i touch it?
by Francisca Da Silveira
directed by Summer L. Williams
- Shay is many things – a business owner, a single mom, a community leader – but there’s one thing she’s definitely not: a pawn in United Bank’s efforts to buy up foreclosed real estate in the heart of Boston’s black community. At risk of losing her own store to the bank, she is forced to choose between a personal fight for her family’s livelihood and a moral fight against gentrification. When pushed to her limits, Shay finds herself in the fantastical peaceful place where women of color have to recede into when they get asked stupid ass questions. Using devices like double casting through onstage wig changes, can i touch it? examines themes of black hair politics, social exclusion and the racial inequity black owned businesses face every day.
Company One Theatre is accepting video submissions from Union and Non-Union actors for can i touch it? If you’re interested in auditioning, please email email@example.com the character(s) you wish to be considered for and we will provide you with the proper sides. Submissions are due by Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
can i touch it? begins rehearsal on May 3, 2022 and runs from July 16 – August 13, 2022 at the Strand Theatre. The stipend per actor is $2000.
- Shay: late 30s/early 40s, Black
- wears a boss lady wig. think viola davis.
- Ruth (also plays Lili): late teens, Black
- she’s gone natural after years of perms and is still getting used to it.
- Meeka (also plays Beth): early 20s, Black
- it’s short, shaved on the sides. think punk.
- Mark (also plays Nicky and Leo): late 30s/early 40s, white
- he might be thinning at the top. it’s probably all that 3-in-1 head and shoulders.
What to Prepare:
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which role you’re interested in. You’ll then get an email from us with the appropriate side.
- You’ll also receive a Google form to fill out where you can upload your audition video, headshot, and resume.
- Please upload your audition video via a private/unlisted YouTube or Vimeo link
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
Company One often offers internships in many different areas of design, production, and management, often tailored to the individual applicant’s schedule and interests. If you’d like to apply for an internship with Company One, please email your resume, and cover letter including your specific area of interest, to Sarah Cohan, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be in touch should there be an internship available in your area.
If you have a strong interest in the mission of Company One Theatre, and would like to explore ways to become more deeply involved with our organization, please contact Board President Sasha Abby VanDerzee at email@example.com.