Company One Theatre – Season 19 Auditions
Company One Theatre is holding open season auditions for non-union actors on September 13th and 14th from 6:00pm-10:00pm at the Boston Center for the Arts (551 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116).
If you’re interested in auditioning, please email email@example.com with a headshot/resume (if you have one), your availability on the audition days, and the show/character you wish to be considered for in our upcoming season (see breakdown below).
Please see below for a character breakdown and what to prepare for each role.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hype Man by Idris Goodwin
– PINNACLE – White male, early 30s. The MC of the group. Driven, focused on achieving mainstream success. We’re looking for an actor with an authentic love for hip hop.
Wig Out! by Tarell Alvin McCraney
The House of Light
– LUCIAN, a Latino man, The Founding Father of the House of Light. Dominant, seductive, and manipulative.
– REY-REY, a man of color, The Legendary Mother of the House of Light. A loving mother just past her prime. Trying to keep her house together at all costs.
– WILSON AKA MS. NINA a handsome man of color, first Child of The House of Light. Forward, caring, and loyal.
– VENUS, a young Latino/Black man with a beautiful face, Face of the House of Light. Joyous, feisty, and quick witted.
– DEITY, a young man of color, The DJ for the House of Light, ex-Boyfriend of Venus. Reluctant to walk the categories.
– THE FATES, three female identifying people of color. Imagine a cross between the Supremes, Destiny’s Child, and a Greek chorus. They are all fierce singers and performers.
The House of Di’abolique
– SERENA, a man, Mother of the House of Di’abolique. A competitive queen who isn’t afraid to play dirty. She lives for the drama.
– LOKI, a young white man, a part of the House of Di’abolique. A cocky twink. He once was a member of the House of Light but has joined the dark side and defected to Di’abolique.
– ERIC, the Red, a handsome man of color, light in complexion. Uninitiated in the world of drag, but curious.
Leftovers by Josh Wilder
– CHRIS – African-American, 52, Jalil and Kwamaine’s (often absent) father. Trying to reconnect with his children and break the cycle of disappointment.
– CLIFF HUXTABLE – The father from TV’s The Cosby Show. A wish granter.
WHAT TO PREPARE
– Actors wanting to be considered for Pinnacle should prepare a 1-2 minute rap (either a cover or an original).
– Actors wanting to be considered for the Fates should prepare a 2 minute excerpt of a song by your favorite diva. You may bring your own recorded accompaniment or sing a cappella.
– Actors wanting to be considered for any role other than the Fates should prepare a lipsync performance OR a 2 minute contemporary monologue AND a quick vogue routine. Prior voguing experience isn’t necessary – we just want to get a sense of how you move.
Coming in drag is welcome though not necessary. Actors of all genders are encouraged to audition.
– Actors wanting to be considered for Chris should prepare a 2 minute contemporary monologue.
– Actors wanting to be considered for Cliff Huxtable should prepare a 1-2 minutes of Cliff Huxtable text from The Cosby Show.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
In an effort to serve our mission, Company One is looking to diversify its pool of designers and production staff. We are seeking theatre artists of color in all areas to be considered for our production teams. We also accept rolling submissions of applications for the following positions:
- Lighting Designer
- Costume Designer
- Sound Designer and/or Composer
- Props Designer/Master
- Master Electrician
- Sound Board Operators
- Dialect and/or Vocal Coach
- Fight Choreographer
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Sarah Cohan, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Apply to be a One Rush Member during Fall 2017 now!
Company One often offers internships in many different areas of design, production, and management, often tailored to the individual applicant’s schedule and interests. If you’d like to apply for an internship with Company One, please email your resume, and cover letter including your specific area of interest, to Sarah Cohan, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
AMPLIFY the process. AMPLIFY new voices. AMPLIFY connection.
Any questions about Company One’s new work activities should be directed to email@example.com.
If you have a strong interest in the mission of Company One Theatre, and would like to explore ways to become more deeply involved with our organization, please contact Board Vice President Elisa Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEASON 19 | AMPLIFY
HYPE MAN: a break beat play • WIG OUT! • LEFTOVERS
Subscriptions are now on sale for Company One Theatre’s 19th season! Choose from the packages below for guaranteed tickets to every show. CLICK HERE to subscribe!
COMPANY CARD: $100
Forget tiered, leveled, or matinee-only — the Company Card is the straight-forward subscription with all the benefits of a premium package!
- Receive one ticket to each performance during anytime in the run, including opening night
- VIP seating at all performances, including floor seats to Tarell Alvin McCraney’s WIG OUT! at A.R.T.’s OBERON
- Reserve your tickets before they go on sale to the general public
- Avoid pesky box office and mysterious convenience fees
- See shows at theaters around the city courtesy of the Circle of Friends discount card that comes with your subscription
- No-fuss reschedulings, last minute bookings, or “oops, I lost my ticket”-reprintings
- Get free pins, pens, and show-specific merchandise
- First access to responsive programming, PlayLab, and special events
THE PLUS-ONE PACKAGE: $175 (the best deal)
The plus-one package offers you everything the Company Card has to offer, but for two (two tickets to each show, eight total for the season)!
Additional perks include:
- Interchangeable plus-one tickets — bring your mom to one show, your old college roommate to the next, your partner to the third, and your colleague to the fourth. You’ll be a popular person come season’s end!
- Save an additional 7% savings
FOR THE UNDER 26 CROWD: $60 (only $5 a month)
Calling all theatre enthusiasts, students, student loan sufferers, baristas, artists, roofers, accountants, interns, and whomever else is trying to navigate that tough financial time between high school life and bonafide adulthood! We offer you all the perks of our Company Card for only $5 a month.