available for purchase
at this time.
We are not holding auditions at this time.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Development Manager
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Assistant Director – HYPE MAN: a break beat play
- Choreographer – WIG OUT!
- Lighting Designer – HYPE MAN: a break beat play
- Scenic Designer – HYPE MAN: a break beat play
- Scenic & Props Designer – WIG OUT!
In an effort to serve our mission, Company One is looking to diversify its pool of designers and production staff. We are seeking theatre artists of color in all areas to be considered for our production teams. We also accept rolling submissions of applications for the following positions:
- Lighting Designer
- Costume Designer
- Sound Designer and/or Composer
- Props Designer/Master
- Master Electrician
- Sound Board Operators
- Dialect and/or Vocal Coach
- Fight Choreographer
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Sarah Cohan, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Apply to be a One Rush Member during Summer 2017 now!
Company One often offers internships in many different areas of design, production, and management, often tailored to the individual applicant’s schedule and interests. If you’d like to apply for an internship with Company One, please email your resume, and cover letter including your specific area of interest, to Sarah Cohan, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding our Technical Fellowship Program, please click here.
Company One Theatre accepts manuscripts of full-length, original plays by living American writers year-round.
We are a mission-driven theatre, and select plays for development and production based on their intersection with our guiding social and aesthetic philosophies.
To that end, we ask that all writers submit an application explaining why their play is suited to C1’s mission. Should your application be accepted, we will request a pdf script from you directly.
Things to Keep in Mind:
Company One’s mission is to change the face of Boston theatre by uniting the city’s diverse communities through innovative, socially provocative performance and the development of civically engaged artists.
Our productions are frequently multi-ethnic; we don’t often produce small-cast plays or one-person shows. Aesthetically, we don’t tend to produce strictly realist plays; instead we often lean toward pieces with some sense of heightened theatricality.
We are Boston’s most celebrated indie theatre. Like its counterpart, independent film, indie theatre pushes boundaries. It’s scrappy. It demands attention. It’s resourceful, it’s inventive, it’s imaginative, its makers are as diverse as the stories they tell. Together, we create plays that are highly theatrical and tell stories from the margins. We celebrate the playwright, and the electrifying relationship between the performers and audience.
If you have a proposal for a multi-disciplinary, or multi-organization project that doesn’t fit the traditional notion of “script,” feel free to email us directly. Please include “Proposal” in your subject line: email@example.com
Any questions about Company One’s new work activities should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a strong interest in the mission of Company One Theatre, and would like to explore ways to become more deeply involved with our organization, please contact Board Vice President Elisa Choi at email@example.com.
SEASON 19 | AMPLIFY
HYPE MAN: a break beat play • WIG OUT! • LEFTOVERS
Subscriptions are now on sale for Company One Theatre’s 19th season! Choose from the packages below for guaranteed tickets to every show. CLICK HERE to subscribe!
COMPANY CARD: $100
Forget tiered, leveled, or matinee-only — the Company Card is the straight-forward subscription with all the benefits of a premium package!
- Receive one ticket to each performance during anytime in the run, including opening night
- VIP seating at all performances, including floor seats to Tarell Alvin McCraney’s WIG OUT! at A.R.T.’s OBERON
- Reserve your tickets before they go on sale to the general public
- Avoid pesky box office and mysterious convenience fees
- See shows at theaters around the city courtesy of the Circle of Friends discount card that comes with your subscription
- No-fuss reschedulings, last minute bookings, or “oops, I lost my ticket”-reprintings
- Get free pins, pens, and show-specific merchandise
- First access to responsive programming, PlayLab, and special events
THE PLUS-ONE PACKAGE: $175 (the best deal)
The plus-one package offers you everything the Company Card has to offer, but for two (two tickets to each show, eight total for the season)!
Additional perks include:
- Interchangeable plus-one tickets — bring your mom to one show, your old college roommate to the next, your partner to the third, and your colleague to the fourth. You’ll be a popular person come season’s end!
- Save an additional 7% savings
FOR THE UNDER 26 CROWD: $60 (only $5 a month)
Calling all theatre enthusiasts, students, student loan sufferers, baristas, artists, roofers, accountants, interns, and whomever else is trying to navigate that tough financial time between high school life and bonafide adulthood! We offer you all the perks of our Company Card for only $5 a month.